Volleyball England is seeking a voluntary Team Manager for the England Junior Men, with online applications for the exciting and hands-on role open until 5pm on Thursday 20th August.
The Team Manager will help to build a strong community of parents and supporters who can assist with administering, raising funds and promoting the England Talent Pathway. The other main aspect of the key role will be to lead the coordination and administration of the Junior Men’s squad.
Playing a vital role in supporting athletes on the England Talent Pathway, we are looking for someone who:
- Can make sensible decisions in pressure situations
- Can galvanise action and get things done
- Is always welcoming and cheerful
- Is always trying to make things better
- The players, parents and team staff can trust
- Builds confidence and supports players’ all-round development
- Has endless energy and enthusiasm
- Has experience working with young people
- Is sensitive to the issues affecting young people.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being the point of contact with the HUB for the coordination and administration of the squad
- Championing athlete wellbeing
- Attending all training, competition and talent identification activities
- Organising staff and athlete kit
- Acting as the designated safeguarding officer
- Supporting the Junior Men Head Coach to build a talent development environment that challenges aspiring players individually and as a team to strive for excellence.
As part of the rewarding role in helping to shape athletes’ experiences on the England Talent Pathway, a full Team Manager induction programme will be delivered to the successful applicant.
Closing date: 5pm Thursday 20th August
Shortlisting for the role will take place between 21st – 24th August, with interviews to be arranged between 26th – 28th August online at 7pm or 8pm.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Gillian Harrison, Technical and Talent Coordinator at Volleyball England on 07763426231