Department: Technology and Information
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Open-ended
Activity Level: 100%
Entry Date: ASAP
Deadline to Apply: 03.07.2020
- Responsible for defining the strategic vision and framework for IOC Event Technology.
- Ensure on behalf of the IOC the coordination of the delivery of all technology related services for local and/or international events.
- Manage risks and Report progress status to the management team.
As Events Technology Manager, he/she is responsible for the coordination of the design, planning, implementation, setup and operation of all event technology installations, networking and production services for all major IOC organised events and events organised by third parties in which IOC has a significant presence, locally or internationally. His/her responsibility includes:
- Coordination, management and ownership of all AV technology services, 3rd party event software applications and related service providers in the Olympic House and Museum
- Provide consultation to event project leader and project owner about best practices for a 360° event technology experience/ communication to all stakeholders.
- Working with the Event project leader to define and plan for the delivery as well as the expected service level agreement and ensure commitment from all involved technology suppliers, internal and external in the lead-up to major IOC Events abroad, work with the IOC-appointed technology counterpart on establishing roles, responsibilities and timelines for the technology delivery and ensure effective performance of these services.
- Ensure that an appropriate service delivery regime is established with a right level of integration of all legacy/venue technology services, with IOC digital/AV solutions
- Ownership and coordination of all financial activities related to Events Technology, such as RFPs, proposal negotiations, financial offers, preparation of contracts, financial reconciliation, service and equipment procurement, etc.
- Ownership, coordination and support of technology services provided to IOC staff while abroad during Olympic Games missions and events
- Ensure training sessions for event project leaders including new market trends and event technologies in order to be familiar with tools and to be able to respond the most efficient and innovative way to possible client requests.
- Based on the business needs and relevant brief from the Corporate Events & logistics team, research, identify and lead the deployment project of new technologies for event operations and management
- Ensure that the interests of the Olympic Movement and the IOC in particular are correctly preserved.
- Maintain subject matter expertise of the external market and emerging technology trends related to Event technologies solutions.
- Develop trusted working relationships with 3rd party suppliers to ensure they are proactive in raising opportunities for technical innovation and improvement.
- Occasionally leading technology project delivery not related to IOC Events could be required.
- Liaise with IOC Technology Service Managers, Architects and Business Solution Managers on solution selection and assessments, functional architecture design, setting up operations and quality assurance
- Manage business and event requirements and scope on a technical level, and coordinate between cross-functional teams to ensure product adherence to business requirements and architectural direction.
- Establish and maintain relationships with business clients to ensure that their needs are articulated in business and technological terms.
- Provides advice/guidance to the business in terms of the design, implementation and operation of the solution.
- Participates / mediates in technical discussions between suppliers to ensure that the best interests of the IOC are represented
- Responds to technical questions and progress dependencies raised to the IOC by the supplier
- Understands implications for other IOC systems; initiate changes by engaging the appropriate DTI project manager(s) and business owner(s).
Implementation Quality Control
- Ensure proper configuration, monitoring and functioning of all technology services on site (i.e. AV, network infrastructure, electronic voting, etc.)
- Provide regular consolidated progress status to the Event Project Leader as well as his direct reporting line
- Follow-up with the service delivery progress according to the defined and committed planning and level of service
- Challenge the service provider as necessary to minimise risks, issues and delays for any aspect of their technology solution.
Review and provide feedback on testing
- Define the scope and manage security penetration testing, including review and remediation of vulnerabilities
- Provide guidance to the business in terms of functional tests
- Ensure that non-functional testing is carried out to the required standards in terms of scope and breadth/depth. Witness test activities if appropriate and review test results to validate they meet IOC needs.
- Ensure that defined operations model, processes and procedure are respected
- Report regularly operational status to Event Project Leader
- Escalate critical incidents to Event Project Leader and direct reporting line
- Be accountable for the technology related success
- Manage from an operational perspective third party supplier to ensure successful service operations.
- Act as a Service Manager for the IT Business solutions used by Corporate Events and Services department, manage and maintain overall solution integrity of the related IT services, coordinate and control third party providers in charge of support and operations services for the related IT services.
Education and work experience
- University studies in computer science and higher education or equivalent professional experience.
- At least 5+ years’ experience leading a team of IT professionals in the field of mission critic AV services and business systems with significant experience in event management.
- At least 5 years of strong management or project lead experience required
- At least 5 years of experience leading / coordinating solution delivery in the field of event management
- Experience in onshore/offshore model for project delivery
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to sort issues across multiple systems and drive technical issues to resolution.
- Significant practical experience in financial aspects of project delivery and its components; eg. management of full cycle of RFP, preparation of contracts and SOWs, service contract negotiations, use of contract management tools, etc.
- Fluency in English or French, with very good command of the other language.
- Availability and willingness to travel internationally on a regular basis
Contact us for more information!